Sunday, November 11, 2018

London Fun!

Munich Internation School & American School in London Parents
While we were in London for Rachel's soccer tournament we got to see some past MIS friends and do a few touristy things.  My friend Carol and her family moved to London this past summer, it was so great to be able to spend time with her. My first day there we shopped and explored the area around her home. She lives near Abbey Road and when she realized I hadn't been there we walked by the famous recording studio and album cover spot for The Beatles.

Missy & Carol
Just like The Beatles. (Ha)
Carol and I met my friend Kristin who had also come  to watch the soccer tournament. We had dinner in Soho and enjoyed walking around checking out the Christmas lights. The Christmas decorations in London are outstanding.

Missy & Kristin

The second night I took Rachel and her teammate and friend Charlie out for the night. Students stay with families from the host school. I took them out because Rachel wanted to see the Harry Potter wand exhibit that was in front of St Paul's Cathedral. She and Charlie are both big fans and were not disappointed. I knew I made the right decision when the girls could name the owner of every wand without looking at the signs! Also, we had a delicious Mexican dinner at Wahaca, a trendy and fun restaurant.



My friend Melissa also now lives in London, she came out to the fields to watch the girls play. Her older daughter and Rachel played soccer in middle school together and we were sideline buddies for two years. It was terrific to catch up with her too!


Past and present MIS moms.
Our last night there, we headed out to dinner with Chris and Carol to their local pub. We had a fantastic night with good food and lots of laughs. So much fun to see them!



After the last game on Saturday Kristin had to travel with the team to the airport since she was chaperoning. Kip, Steve and I decided to enjoy a couple of hours in London instead. They did a little shopping with me then settled down to watch rugby in a pub while I soldiered on!



No comments:

Post a Comment