Sunday, September 20, 2015

Half Marathon PR at the Tegernseelauf

Heading to the finish line
I ran a half marathon today around the Tegernsee (Tegern Lake). I spent most of the summer training for this race and my hard work was rewarded. I ran my fastest half marathon ever - 1:51:11 and I ran fairly consistently throughout the race.
It looks like I'm leading the race, but I'm not!
While it was not a beautiful day, it was a little chilly and it rained during part of the race, it was good conditions for running 13.1 miles.


The location was beautiful, the race went through 3 or 4 idyllic Bavarian towns and around the lake. The less than perfect parts were the two long hills. One about a mile long at mile 10 and another about 3/4 of a mile long at mile 12. Tough at the end of the race.  Luckily the finish was all downhill.


Steve was my awesome support crew. Driving me there, taking photos and taking me home. So very, very nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment