Saturday, September 27, 2014

Oktoberfest Visitors


Oktoberfest is a fabulous, fun time in Munich.  There is no doubt about it! We happened to have two groups of friends visiting on the same Friday. They really wanted tickets for a tent but I wasn't having any luck. Then at the last minute eight tickets became available.  PERFECT, just enough tickets to put the two groups together!
Nancy, Missy & Jane
Before we met at the tent Steve and I met Jane and Nancy in Munich. Jane is one of Steve's friends from work.  She recently retired and has been doing an incredible job of seeing and enjoying the world! We gave them a little walking tour of Munich before heading over to Oktoberfest.

Debbie, Missy & Joel
Steve, Jane & Missy
Steve and I joined Joel & Debbie and their sons Stephen and Danny and Jane and Nancy. Debbie is daughter of good friends of my mom's family and my cousin's best friend and as I found out at our lunch also my uncle's God-daughter! Things you don't know about someone you've "known" your whole life! Debbie and Joel had been traveling Europe for about three weeks. I had met them earlier in September for lunch and had also give them a little tour of Munich.

I'm all in, tour guide and bier server!
We had tickets for the Hacker-Pschorr tent. It was great, a little more boisterous than the Marstall tent that we were in earlier in the week. It also has a cool ceiling decorated to look like a beautiful blue sky floating with clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment