Thursday, June 12, 2014

Climbing the Olympic Stadium Roof!

Missy & Dominic
Dominic and I got the chance to climb the roof of the Olympic Stadium in Munich. The PTV from our school had organized a group to climb. Steve was supposed to go with me but had to work instead. Dominic wasn't necessarily thrilled to be accompanying me and a group of moms but once we got on the roof he was much happier. It didn't hurt that it was a beautiful, blue sky, Bavarian day!

Dominic and I are at the end

Most of the walk was along the edge of the roof. It wasn't too scary at all and we were hooked into a safety system if we somehow managed to fall. Although, it really would have been hard to fall, honestly you would have had to jump!

Dominic (he doesn't look too unhappy)

About halfway around the roof we were able to climb to one of the peaks. The guide Dominic and I had was fun. She had us jump up and down once we reached the peak and we were able to make the entire roof vibrate and shake. Dominic definitely thought that was cool.

Dominic and I are second and third from the top

No comments:

Post a Comment