Sunday, August 2, 2015

Golden Anniversary!



Most of my extended family from my mom's side
I was lucky enough to sneak away to Chicago for a weekend to celebrate my Aunt Theresa and Uncle John's 50th Anniversary. This was a true gift of family and time to me. Steve took the reins in the Ithaca for the last weekend in the US while I jetted away for a responsibility free weekend!

The gorgeous, happy couple!
My cousin Stacey's cute kids provided the welcome at the airport, even carrying my ridiculously heavy suitcase!

Nathan, Gwyneth & Jack
The next day we headed off to Chicago all dressed up for the boat cruise in Lake Michigan celebrating the happy couple!

In the backseat with the cool kids!
We were a little early which just gave us time to visit with more people and enjoy the awesome weather on Navy Pier.

Mom & Daughters on Navy Pier
Mom, Missy, Mel
What a fun, fun day for all of us. The weather was perfect, the boat was fabulous but the absolute BEST part was the company. Nearly all my cousins were there and catching up with them and hearing about their lives and their families was absolutely terrific.  Of course a 2 hour cruise was not enough time so we just all stayed at Navy Pier afterwards for dinner and the fireworks. Such a fun time enjoying each other's company! I can't wait to do it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment