Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Snow

So it snows here.

Yes, I knew that. I did. In theory. However the last 10 days or so have been a real eye opener.  It has snowed every day.  Every. Single. Day.  Not kidding.

I like the snow, I might even say I love it, as long as I don't have to go anywhere. In fact, I like walking and running in it.

But the driving. Have I mentioned we live at the top of a winding hill and that the kids go to school at the top of another winding hill? Just to recap, that means down one scary hill, through town, up another scary hill.  This makes the girl who is uncomfortable (to put it mildly) driving in the snow nervous.

Sure, they plow the roads, but when it snows all day they aren't clear. They are slushy and messy. Because of this I have a new appreciation for snow tires. I'm not sure I have ever driven with snow tires but now I'm pretty sure I'll never want to drive in the snow without them.  Really.

Thankfully my sister talked me through my nervousness today.  She even wrote about it in her own blog and connected it to her Daily Advent Calendar.  If you haven't seen her calendar, check it out here: http://melaniemowinski.com/

Oh and the shoveling. We are running out of places to put the snow.  Luckily I have two teenage sons who make fast work of the snow. So far they have shoveled me out every morning.  Of course on days like today I re-shoveled the car out at noon and then again at 530 when it was time to pick up the kids.  Really.

And why was I shoveling the car out of the snow? Our garage is too small for the minivan. True Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment