Monday, December 7, 2015

Madonna AND London!

Missy, Jasmin & Lana
We will start with this: I am a very lucky girl. Very, very lucky. For the past five days I escaped all grown-up responsibilities for a long weekend with some girlfriends in London. The catalyst for this weekend was the Madonna concert.
Dinner on Carnaby Street before the concert
Missy, Lana & Jasmin
Most of you know I am a huge Madonna fan and was really disappointed when I missed her last tour because we had just moved to Germany. This year my friend Lana was moving to London and we decided the Madonna concert was a great "excuse" for a visit. My friend Jasmin and I headed to London for her Rebel Heart tour stop and I'm so glad that we did. We had such a fabulous night and of course Madonna didn't disappoint. Well, I shouldn't say "of course", I was disappointed with one of the eight tours I have seen but the other seven have been spectacular! I'm so glad we made this trip! Madonna is still an amazing performer with an incredibly entertaining show.

1989 - I've been a fan for a looong time!
Jasmin the jetsetter had to head out the next day for a birthday party but as she left our friend Wendy joined us and the three of us spent the rest of the weekend in London. Before Wendy arrived Lana and I did a Blitz tour with London Walks. This was an interesting and informative tour and Lana and I both learned lots. We also explored a little of St Paul's Cathedral since the tour was near there. It is a beautiful cathedral but we were too late to climb the dome, next time!

St Paul's Cathedral
Original London City Wall
We of course spent a fair amount of time shopping, drinking coffee and tea, having lunch and walking Lana's dog Blue. Lana lives near Hyde Park so we enjoyed long walks exploring the park every day!
Lana, Wendy & Missy
We also went to The Book of Mormon. It was absolutely hilarious although it pummels the Mormon religion and there is an argument that it is targeting religion as a whole. However, it is wildly entertaining and very well written. If things that make fun of religion offend you, don't see it, but if you can view it with an open mind by all means check it out.
La Bodega Negro - Hans, Wendy, Missy, Lana & Marc
We spent our last evening in Soho which is just an entertaining maze of streets. We had terrific Mexican food at La Bodega Negro with amazing margaritas. Our friend Hans is also spending most of his time working in London so he and Lana's husband Marc joined us and took us a to a hole-in-the-wall jazz bar - Blues Bar -  that was just so cool and the band playing was awesome.

On our was to the Blues Bar
Fun, FUN weekend for me. I told you I was lucky! And I'm ever so grateful to my great hosts! Lana & Marc!


No comments:

Post a Comment