Monday, December 29, 2014

Sledding and Doughnuts!

Sledding Selfie - Dominic, AJ, Rachel, Stefanie & Steve
We have had a fair bit of snow over the last two days so that meant it was time to go sledding! We have some excellent hills within walking distance of our house which makes sledding very easy.

Dominic in the forefront and AJ WAY in the distance
 Steve is the brave one and he takes the kids out in the snow and sleds with them. I don't go for two reasons. First, I'm a baby about the snow and cold AND second, I worry too much that someone is going to get hurt, which is absolutely no fun for anyone!

Stefanie having fun?
Stefanie
And after seeing some of today's photos, I know I made the right decision!

AJ
While I do enjoy the quiet while everyone is out sledding, I am busy. I use Steve's great-grandmother's recipe to make homemade doughnuts. It is actually easier than it sounds and they are truly delicious. The kids LOVE coming in to hot chocolate and fresh doughnuts.  Wouldn't you?

Notice - professional doughnut cutter courtesy of Grandma
Almost ready....

And they are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment