Friday, November 30, 2012

Winter Run


 Winter is here. This means I need a little more motivation to get outside in the cold and run.  Luckily, the bike trail near our house makes this infinitely easier.

I usually run before the kids go to school. Now that it's dark in the morning that means running on the sidewalks around our neighborhood.   This is a great hilly run, however after a snow, it seemed more than a bit dangerous for someone who tends to be a little klutzy.   Dark roads, black ice, snow and curbs are not a winning combination for me. I waited until the kids went to school and ran on the bike trail instead.

The bike trail is awesome.  It is beautiful and safe and well used.  Seriously, look at the scenery.  As I ran down the hill to the trail this morning I was so glad I got out the door.  It was just breathtakingly gorgeous.

Oh and this bike trail?  It leads to a Biergarten.  5km and you are sitting next to a little lake sipping a beer.  Come visit!    


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful area! Good for you for keeping getting out there!!!

    ReplyDelete